Guidelines for the Technology Enhancement Initiative for 2017-18
Endicott College has made significant changes in the Technology Enhancement Initiative for 2017-18 and beyond. These changes are summarized below.
++Modifications to the Technology Enhancement iPad Initiative Pilot Program++
- Freshman students in the undergraduate nursing and education programs will not be provided an iPad Pro as were the entering students in 2016-17. However, faculty are encouraged to find ways to engage the sophomore students in nursing and education who have College provided iPads. Training will continue to be provided to support faculty in integrating the iPad technology into the curriculum.
- New graduate students entering the Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Behavior Analysis program in 2017-18 will continue to receive iPad Pros. Training will be provided to support the ABA program curriculum needs.
++Introduction of an iPad Loaner Program++
The College will implement an iPad loaner program with sufficient iPad Pros to support up to five classes per semester. The iPads will be available to students for the duration of each course but must be returned at the conclusion of the class.
- Faculty interested in incorporating the iPad in a course should seek initial approval from the school dean/chair the semester before the course is offered, detailing the intended uses and outcomes of the iPad as a learning tool in the specific course.
- A form will be made available that will allow faculty to describe their intended uses and answers some questions with regards to their iPad plans.
- Faculty must commit to attending the following training sessions:
- An introductory session covering general use of the iPad as an instructional tool.
- Prior to delivering the course, a session focused on integrating the iPad in the classroom and the curriculum of the specific course.
- A follow-up session mid-way through the course to discuss issues encountered in implementing the course.
- In the event that there are more applications from faculty than available slots for the semester, the applications will be approved based on the date of application and the recommendation of the school dean. The Vice President and Dean of the Undergraduate College will give final approval.
We will share additional information regarding next steps as soon as they are available.