- LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system.
- Respondus Monitor® builds upon the power of LockDown Browser, using a student’s webcam and industry-leading video analytics to prevent cheating during non-proctored exams.
- Daily Training Webinars with Live Q&A – These 45-minute trainings are the best way for instructors to learn how to use Respondus Monitor for online proctoring. Each session is followed by an extended Q/A period where questions are answered live. Register here
- Rapid Rollout Guide for Instructors – Here is the essential information for using Respondus Monitor with online exams:
- Create a Practice Exam – Have students take a practice exam with Respondus Monitor to ensure their computer, webcam and Internet are working properly. Allow students more than one attempt on the quiz so they can try the practice exam whenever their device or networking environment changes.
- 24/7 Live Chat – Remember that students can access built-in troubleshooting and live chat from within Respondus Monitor if they encounter a technical problem. You can find more resources for students, including how to access Tech Support, User Guides and Live Chat
- Remote School for Advanced Users (March 24, 2020)
- Remote School for Novice Users (March 26, 2020)
- Until we meet again. Remote whiteboarding tips (March 18, 2020) Explain Everything Training Resources : If you just need some insights, we regularly host live webinars covering different teaching scenarios. You can join for free to converse with experts, and learn how to teach online effectively. Check out our next live webinars. Check out these recordings dedicated entirely to online whiteboard teaching:
Free Explain Everything Bootcamp
If you are looking for something more, check out Cocoon’s Free Training: Become a ‘Remote Teacher’ using G Suite/ Office 365, Explain Everything and more!
Our partners at Cocoon, true remote learning specialists, are offering the following support for Explain Everything schools that requested the Free Extended Trial:
- ‘Remote Teacher’ Bootcamp: full support for you and your staff to help you build the core fundamentals of remote teaching and learning.
- Multi-platform support: Cocoon are Microsoft and Apple specialists, as well as a Google Professional Development partner.
- Blended learning: personalized dashboards supported by video training sessions and an assigned mentor will empower teachers of all skill and confidence levels.
Click here to register for a FREE training and see for yourself why 95% of schools renew their Cocoon training program every year.
Printable Explain Everything Instructions
If you’d prefer to use static guides, these step-by-step PDF tutorials can be easily printed and used whenever needed.
We’ve covered 3 remote teaching scenarios using Explain Everything:
- Creating videos you can share easily.
- Live-streaming whiteboard instructions.
- Live collaboration sessions with students.
Endicott has a site license. Anyone with an Endicott College email address can create their own account. The option to self-enroll is on the base URL login page: https://endicott.qualtrics.com . You will need to choose the: “Don’t have an account” menu” and ignore the prompt to put in an access code.
Free Student (or Faculty) Software Options:
These software applications, normally found only campus computers (labs, classrooms, library, Cyber Cafe), are now available for students, faculty and staff to download and install on their own home computers through the end of this semester. More applications may be added to this list so check back.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ask your professor to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this on your behalf. Once you have been added to the Adobe license, you’ll receive an email from Adobe with instructions.
- Adobe migration tool for student assets
- Top 5 ways to encourage your graduating students to migrate their assets from Adobe Creative Cloud
- Matlab (for PC)
- Download Matlab here
- You will need to create an account
- MATLAB – Endicott Student Install Instructions – For PCs
- Click here for full web instructions
- Sketchup 2020
- Download SketchUp Pro 2020 here
- Use Authorization Code: a74d22b8afb6e5
- Serial number: VH-00323277-ALR (if asked)
- SketchUp – Endicott Student Install Instructions – For PCs
- Click here for web instructions
- Students can use the Student Design Kit for SolidWorks access.
- To access the “Student Design Kit” (SDK) go to:
- Enter “SDK-ID”: 9SDK2019