Sept 1, 2017 – Canvas Conferences / Big Blue Button V2.0
Version 2.0 of Big Blue Button is released on the Endicott Canvas platform. Key changes include:
- Cleaner user interface with new icons.
- Students can download presentations if presenter turns on the download option.
- Public chat transcript can be saved and downloaded.
- Multi-user whiteboard is available with user names displayed when drawing.
- Shared notes layout lets students collaborate to created shared notes during lecture and breakout rooms.
Watch the 5 minute BigBlueButton 2.0 Overview to see new features.
July 15, 2017 Production Release Highlights
In an effort to continually improve Canvas, Instructure, the parent company of Canvas, releases Canvas upgrades every three weeks along with Production Release Notes. Key features and upgrades in the July 15 production release are listed below. You may view the full Canvas Production Release Notes for July 15, 2017 and its accompanying screencast.
New Features and Upgrades
1. Assignments and pages can now be duplicated in Canvas courses! Duplicating discussions and quizzes are planned for a future release.
2. Modules replaces Recent Activity Stream as the default Course Home page for new courses. Instructors can still choose a different course home page option.
3. A Course Setup Tutorial is now available and replaces the Course Setup Menu. In Account Settings, faculty can enable the tutorial to display for all courses.
4. The default font size has increased from 14px to 16 px and new icons are used throughout Canvas.
5. The new Calendar Scheduler feature is turned on for Endicott. Use the links below to learn about the new Scheduler feature:
- What is the Scheduler?
- How do I add a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?
- How do I view or edit a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?
June 19, 2017 – Canvas DocViewer Released
On Monday, June 19 – Canvas DocViewer, a new native content preview and annotations tool, will replace the current Box previewer and Crocodoc annotation tools in Canvas. Learn more about DocViewer capabilities in this blog post.
Read the Canvas Release: Canvas DocViewer release notes to learn more about supported file types, Annotation Tools and Known Issues.