In an effort to continually improve Canvas, Instructure, the parent company of Canvas, releases Canvas upgrades every three weeks along with Production Release Notes. Key features in the July 15 production release are listed below. For more details, view the full Canvas Production Release Notes for July 15, 2017 and its accompanying screencast. The next release is July 31, 2017.
New Features and Upgrades
1. Assignments and pages can now be duplicated in Canvas courses! Duplicating discussions and quizzes are planned for a future release.
2. Modules replaces Recent Activity Stream as the default Course Home page for new courses. Instructors can still choose a different course home page option.
3. A Course Setup Tutorial is now available and replaces the Course Setup Checklist. In Account Settings, faculty can enable the tutorial to display for all courses. Learn more about the Course Setup Tutorial here.
4. The default font size has increased from 14px to 16 px and new icons are used throughout Canvas.
5. The new Calendar Scheduler feature is turned on for Endicott. Use the links below to learn about the new Scheduler feature: