On Wednesday, September 11, Canvas’s New Gradebook replaces the current gradebook in all Endicott courses. The New Gradebook offers a number of new and enhanced features to help you input, manage, and release grades to students.
New Feature Highlights
- More filtering and sorting options: Instructors use the View menu to arrange assignment columns by name, due date, points, and modules. You can also filter by assignment group, module, section or student group.
- Crosshairs: The New Gradebook offers crosshairs and highlighting for improved orientation and rows use alternating colors to help with navigation.
- Submission status color coding: Instructors can customize the color associated with a Gradebook Status: late, missing, resubmitted, dropped, or excused. Any changes an instructor makes to the default status colors will persist for that instructor throughout all of his/her courses.
- Grade detail tray: The grade detail tray displays a grading summary by assignment and student, a link to view and download the submission in Speedgrader, submission status options, and comment field. Additionally, you can click the next and previous links at the top of the tray to advance to another student or advance directly to another assignment for that student.
- Late and missing submission policies: Instructors can set course-level grading rules to automatically apply to late and missing submissions. Review the Late Policy Instructor FAQ to learn more.
- Post and hide grade policies: Instructors can set a course-level policy that controls when and how grades are released to students with the Post and Hide Grade Policy options – Watch this video for details
- Watch the New Gradebook Overview Tutorial – 6 min Video
- Read the Canvas’ New Gradebook Guide for detailed information.
- Register and attend a hands-on New Gradebook workshop offered in August and September.