Canvas releases new features, updated features and bug fixes on a 3 week cycle which translates to 16 releases per year. Important changes that you should know about as you build your Fall 2018 courses are summarized below as well as on the What’s New in Canvas page.
- Student Dashboard List View allows students to view all course tasks in a list format or To Do format. This change helps students manage all tasks across all their courses in a user-friendly format that also allows for user customization. Learn more about Student Dashboard List View .
- Non-Scoring Rubrics can be created without point values to create a non-scoring rubric. This feature promotes learning engagement by helping students focus on assignment feedback instead of point values. Learn more about non-scoring rubrics.
- Rubric criteria can now include a point range instead of an individual point value. Learn more about this rubric criteria range option.
- Modules, Assignments, Discussions and Pages can be duplicated. The duplication option is located in the Settings menu for each individual item.
- Recent Announcements can automatically display on the Home page by changing a course details option.
- Announcements and Discussions have updated designs to improve accessibility for all users.
- Student View is available on Home page sidebar so you don’t need to open Course Settings to access student view.