Many publishers offer eBooks and course resources that can be integrated into your Canvas courses. This is a great convenience for faculty and students, with the wrinkle that no publisher does things exactly the same way as another. Here are the basic steps for two well-regarded platforms, McGraw-Hill Connect and OpenStax.
- Create a McGraw-Hill login, select a textbook, and create a Connect course.
- Select the assignments, such as quizzes and homework problem sets.
- Then in Canvas, add Connect to the Course Menu via Settings, click the link.
- Click Authorize and then Pair with a Connect Section.
- Select the Connect course/section you created in Step 1.
- The Connect assignments you created will now be added in Canvas Assignments.
- OpenStax (free) eBooks and other materials are available via Canvas Commons, so click Commons in the Global Canvas Menu to begin.
- Search for “OpenStax” and your subject’s name (e.g., OpenStax Sociology).
- Click on the Course Card, then select Import/Download.
- In the listing, select your course number and section, and click Import into Course.
- The OpenStax content will be imported into your course in a few minutes
Note that publishers have in-depth help articles and how-to videos for the detailed steps, and if you need assistance, please create a Support Ticket in Freshservice.