Conducting an asynchronous class through Canvas
Canvas 24 x 7 Faculty Support Hotline: 1-833-334-2838
Please DO NOT upload any video files larger than 20MB to Canvas. Please use our YuJa media server (described below) for that purpose.
- Announcements – Create an announcement that will display across your Canvas class home page letting students know how class will be conducted online.
- Assignments – Create assignments that students can complete and submit online
- Tests and Quizzes – Create online tests and quizzes in multiple formats
- Collaborations – Students can use resources like the Google G Suite Apps from within (or separately from) Canvas to work collaboratively on tasks like group papers or note-taking.
- Chat – Conduct real-time chats with your students
- Discussions – Create asynchronous online discussion boards where students can share their thoughts on a topic with the class
- Pre-record mini lectures
- You can prerecord lectures by recording your screen with tools such as Screencast-o-matic or Zoom and narrating it (with or without you on video camera) while annotating on screen
- YuJa YuJa is our media server where you can store videos and attach them to your Canvas course. Login with your Endicott email “handle” – email without the @endicott.edu and PW, or access through Canvas.
Conducting a “live” (synchronous) web conference classRecommended option:
- If your are recording your Zoom sessions to the cloud, please download them to your computer and then upload them to YuJa. We will run out of Zoom storage soon if people don’t follow these instructions. We recommend recording it locally to your computer and uploading to YuJa anyway.
- Video Conferencing: Audio and Visual Setup GuideComprehensive Guide to Educating Through ZoomTips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on ZoomTips and Tricks for Administrators and StaffStudent Tips for Participating in Online LearningLive Training, Recorded Training, and Zoom Meetings for Education TrainingAdding Zoom Conferencing to your Canvas Navigation Bar
LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system.Respondus Monitor® builds upon the power of LockDown Browser, using a student’s webcam and industry-leading video analytics to prevent cheating during non-proctored exams.