Respondus LockDown has a built-in function to record students while they take their tests which instructors can review afterward. (See: Respondus Monitor.) For those instructors who wish to monitor students live during a test while still utilizing the LockDown Browser, it is possible to have an active Zoom meeting during the test in order to monitor students via their webcams.
Setting up Live Proctoring
Here are the basic steps for setting up live proctoring with Zoom:
- Schedule a Zoom meeting at endicott.zoom.us.
- Enable LockDown Browser in your Canvas Quiz/Test
- Choose “Allow instructor live proctoring for this exam (via Zoom, etc) “
- Select Zoom as your video conferencing system from the drop-down menu.
- For more information about how to choose this new option, go to the Respondus website.