Respondus has implemented a Beta Test for using Respondus Monitor and Lockdown Browser for Chromebook. Because this version is in Beta Test, it may be enhanced or even withdrawn in the future. Academic Technology will update this information if or when things change.
During the beta period, instructors will need to enable the use of the Chromebook version on a per exam basis.
- Go to the LockDown Browser Dashboard within Canvas
2. Select “Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam”
3. Expand “Advanced Settings” and select “Allow students to use LockDown Browser for Chromebook (beta)”
4. Save the exam settings for LockDown Browser. Repeat these steps for each exam.
5. Instructors are strongly encouraged to run a no-credit practice quiz before using Respondus Monitor and Lockdown Browser for credit-based quizzes.
Installing LockDown Browser to a Chromebook is easy.
Log into the Chromebook using Endicott credentials and start Google Chrome
2. Log into Canvas and navigate to the exam that requires LockDown Browser
3. Select the link for downloading and installing LockDown Browser, click on Take the Quiz
4. From the Chrome web store, select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension
5. After completing the quiz, click on the close button (X) at the top right corner of the screen, then click the Continue button on the next page to exit the Lockdown Browser extension and return to Chrome
Note: during the beta, this extension will only work with quizzes an instructor has enabled for use with LockDown Browser for Chromebook
The following Knowledgebase article provides additional information about the beta release of LockDown Browser for Chromebook, including feature limitations and known issues: https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/586. This article will be updated periodically during the beta.